Home RSS feed


Script that prepares photos for Facebook

This is a follow-up of an earlier post. The topic remains the same; merging photo albums from different cameras while preserving chronological order, and removing potentially private metadata.

Like many others, I have noticed that Facebook increased its photo size from 604 to 720 pixels. At the same time, I noticed that the commands in my last post weren't perfect. I have tried to write an improved script:

Usage: photosort.sh [OPTIONS] source_dir_1...[source_dir_N] target_dir

To find images deep in subfolders, just remove or edit "-maxdepth 1".

As before, I can recommend ImageMagick and Cygwin if you are a Windows user.

Shouldn't have to mention it, but: Use at your own risk.

Tags: facebook, photo, privacy, bash, shell, script, linux

Created on Tue, 04 May 2010 19:12

blog comments powered by Disqus